VR Systems is an employee owned (ESOP) company. We have more than 25 years experience working in the Florida elections community. With continual legislative and technological changes, we're always challenged to be nimble and innovative. Our elections software reaches all the way from the back office database to the public facing webpages. We use the right tools to ensure our customers have the software and hardware they need to run successful elections.
The EViD Customer Support Technician interacts with and supports customers, tests software releases, manages and maintains hardware and trains customers on VR Systems' electronic pollbook product, EViD. The employee must enjoy working with people and relate well to others while also focusing on and resolving technical tasks independently.
The EViD Customer Support Technician will be a member of the EViD support team and reports directly to the EViD Product Manager, keeping the product manager and team apprised of the status of critical customer support issues which could affect established schedules including, but not limited to, elections, EViD deliveries, implementations, and training.
- Provide exemplary phone and email support for VR customers, assisting them with answering questions, troubleshooting technical issues, and the usage of products.
- Resolve complex problems for customers by providing technical guidance on hardware and software for the EViD
- Test new company software and assist with design discussions regarding software enhancements and bugs
- Troubleshoot hardware problems and connectivity issues
- Perform acceptance tests on new hardware products
- Prepare hardware for shipping to client sites and for recycling
- Interact daily with VR’s software engineers, customer support, other managers and company officers in the normal performance of their duties
- Conduct training independently and as part of a team. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely the subject matter of the training
- Organize and complete their own work assignments independently without direct supervision, although they will receive direction on prioritizing work from the Product Manager
Job Requirements and Qualifications
The EViD Customer Support Technician must act with high integrity and professionalism with commitment toward the company’s mission. Other characteristics that are needed for success:
- A bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or a related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, SQL, Microsoft Office, Systems/Software Development Life Cycle, Agile Development Methodology, Object-Oriented Programming , JIRA and Windows Hardware and Software troubleshooting are a plus.
- Elections experience and a track record with implementation projects or hardware skills preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter to complete tasks with high-level direction
- Ability to contribute to producing written procedures and follow written procedures
- Ability to document issues and resolutions
- Multitasking to handle many short-term and long-term tasks simultaneously
- Produce work independently and with team members
- Ability to identify issues and develop solutions
- Pass a background check
- Work between the hours of 8 AM and 5:30 PM while our customers’ offices are open
- Support elections during election hours while elections are being conducted
This position is classified as non-exempt and covered under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The EViD Customer Support Technician will be based in our headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Ability to operate computer and other equipment in the office
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Some travel expected. Due to the requirement to travel to customers’ sites employees must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Salary Range starting at $35,000
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401K matching plan
- Health care and dental benefits
- In addition, VR Systems is a 100% employee-owned company (ESOP). As a member of our ESOP, you share in the success of our company through stock ownership