VR Systems is an employee owned (ESOP) company. We have more than 25 years experience working in the Florida elections community. With continual legislative and technological changes, we're always challenged to be nimble and innovative. Our elections software reaches all the way from the back office database to the public facing webpages. We use the right tools to ensure our customers have the software they need to run successful elections.
The Customer Support Specialist's primary responsibilities are to provide phone support, troubleshoot software problems, test new software releases and train on the use of VR Systems’ products.
VR Systems is an employee-owned business, and our company culture is family-like. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual with an uncompromising work ethic, strong communication skills, and a keen desire to interact effectively as a member of our VR Systems team.
- Provide exemplary phone and email support for VR customers, assisting them with answering questions, troubleshooting technical issues, and the usage of products.
- Must ‘follow through’ when responding to customers and completing tasks to ensure that the customer’s needs have been thoroughly met or that the task has been accomplished to the manager’s satisfaction.
- Keeps the product manager apprised of the status of critical customer support issues including but not limited to software problems, hardware problems, elections, deliveries, training, etc.
- Should be attuned to customers’ needs and alert to spot difficulties, anomalies, non-intuitive procedure steps, and customer comprehension gaps to provide input on improvements to the web products design, operation, and documentation.
- Work closely with customers, VR designer, and developers to develop and implement designs in customer websites.
- Interact daily with VR Systems’ application engineers, customer support, other managers, and company officers in the normal performance of their duties. This position may be required to back up other product areas and perform other duties as assigned.
- Record and document items and events in ticket tracking and bug tracking software.
- Test new software programs and bug fixes to ensure changes are fully functional prior to release to customers.
- Create and conduct training independently and as part of a team. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely the subject matter of the training.
- Organize and complete their own work assignments independently without direct supervision, although they will receive direction on prioritizing work from the Product Manager.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Ability to absorb many skills quickly, and show great flexibility in adapting to changing needs.
- Must enjoy working with people and relate well to others but must be also able focus on and resolve tasks independently and must be a self-starter.
- Written communication skills are important. Verbal and interpersonal communication skills are essential. The job requires an attention to getting the details right as well as understanding the whole picture.
- Should be able to learn to use our products quickly and must enjoy working in a professional team environment.
- Act with high integrity and commitment toward the company's mission.
- Ability to sit at a desk for one or more hours at a time.
- Ability to operate computer and other equipment in the office.
- Ability to lecture/teach a morning and afternoon training session
Due to the requirement to travel to customers' sites, employees must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Florida Driver's license.
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401K matching plan
- Health care and dental benefits
- In addition, VR Systems is a 100% employee-owned company (ESOP). As a member of our ESOP, you share in the success of our company through stock ownership.
Please submit your resume and other pertinent materials (transcripts, cover letter, etc) online.
For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VR Systems is an equal opportunity employer.