VR Systems is an employee owned (ESOP) company. We have more than 25 years experience working in the Florida elections community. With continual legislative and technological changes, we're always challenged to be nimble and innovative. Our elections software reaches all the way from the back office database to the public facing webpages. We use the right tools to ensure our customers have the software they need to run successful elections.
The Product Manager for the EViD product is charged with delivering hardware and services to customers that provide a positive contribution as a business unit to the corporate business value. The Product Manager seeks to increase the profitability of existing products as well as deliver new products and services that further expand profitability and customer satisfaction. The Product Manger must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that leads to the creation of a product vision that can be driven to reality.
The EViD Product Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is a member of the Senior Management team.
- Retain Customers through high satisfaction and product effectiveness.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Understand the customers’ needs and wants.
- Solicit feedback on product and services and identify needs for potential new products.
- Assess fit of current product attributes to prospective customer expectations.
- Resolve complex and often stressful customer issues.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Recommend product pricing that keeps company products competitive, while delivering a revenue stream that meets company profit targets (overall and within EViD).
- Identify key product attributes that enable sales to sell to prospective customers.
- Drive product launches including working with marketing team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Build product awareness and understanding.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Manage hardware supply chain to ensure product is available for sales, delivery and support.
- Drive new hardware development from initial requirements to first article testing, deployment and support.
Business and Management Focus
- Manage human resources functions for EViD team including hiring and salary recommendations, employee discipline, performance evaluations and time and attendance.
- Scope and prioritize EViD team activities based on business, customer impact and strategic plan.
- Prioritize the use of company resources to meet the customers’ needs and wants.
- Build development strategies to close the gap between current attributes and prospective customer expectations.
- Manage operational costs for EViD team, including technical infrastructure costs.
- Track and report on trends in revenue, costs, and profitability as it relates to EViD product.
- Maintain and update a 5-year forecast based on projected sales, projected staffing and projected “major” shifts in infrastructure costs.
- Create and maintain an effective communication channel between all company segments including Sales, Marketing, Executive, other product teams, Development (includes documentation, design, and programming), Operations, Finance, Consultants, Key Customer Advocates.
- Establish EViD team staffing needs to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained/elevated in accordance with strategic plan.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience as Hardware and Software Product Manager preferred.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Ability to develop and motivate a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to provide and support a vision and direction.
- Must demonstrate the ability to acquire job skills quickly and show great flexibility in adapting to changing needs.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for weekend and after hour phone support for EViD product.
- Must act with high integrity and commitment toward the company’s mission.
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Significant travel expected. Due to the requirement to travel to customers’ sites employees must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
This position is classified as exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The EViD Product Manager will be based in our headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
VR Systems is a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee will be required to work extended hours during election support. The employee is frequently required to sit for long period of times and must have the ability to lift 35 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401K matching plan
- Health care and dental benefits
- In addition, VR Systems is a 100% employee-owned company (ESOP). As a member of our ESOP, you share in the success of our company through stock ownership.