Regional Sales Manager
Company Mission Statement
At VR Systems, our vision is an elections community that conducts successful elections, every time. To bring that vision into reality, we strive to provide the best products, services, and support to enable election officials to secure the public’s trust in democracy.
VR Systems, Inc is a 100% employee owned business and our company culture is family-like. We are the leading voter registration and elections management company in Florida and have growing market share in several other states. We are a fast-growing company of 46 people, forming a closely-knit team of software engineers and customer support technicians. The company has a reputation for providing effective software with a high level of customer service for elections administrators. Now is the time to join our growing VR Systems family as we expand our reach bringing our best-of-class products to Texas.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for creating new sales with prospects and existing clients in a defined region. The Regional Sales Manager works primarily on the road and from a home office when he/she is not on business travel. This role is a single contributor and does not directly manage people. This position will report to the Director of Business Development.
- Attention to Detail: Focus on details to ensure successful campaigns
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create, and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Create and close opportunities in the region
- Develop strategies for success and communicate those strategies to the leadership team
- Outbound calls to targeted accounts to sell products or services
- Detailed management of CRM data in SalesForce including specific focus on forecast accuracy
- Utilize other VR Systems resources to assess needs and to win business
- Frequent travel within the region to attend meetings, trade-shows, and demonstrations
- Lead deal strategy discussions to build superior closing plans.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ field sales experience, public sector preferred
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of software applications: Google Docs, Gmail, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Salesforce.com
- Willingness and ability to travel typically 60-70% of the time most of which in the state of Texas
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on research and problem solving
- Ability to articulate past success closing business in high-tech or government
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to provide and support a vision and direction.
- Must demonstrate the ability to acquire job skills quickly and show great flexibility in adapting to changing needs.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must act with high integrity and commitment toward the company’s mission.
- Preferred location for this position is Texas
- This position is based remotely, candidate must have appropriate home office accommodations
Due to the requirement to travel to customers’ sites, employee must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
This position is classified as exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The Regional Sales Manager will work remotely.
Compensation based on experience.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
VR Systems is a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee may be required to work extended hours. The employee is frequently required to sit for long period of times and must have the ability to lift 35 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
VR Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer