DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & CONTROLLER - Salt Lake City, Utah
is a rapidly growing SaaS company in the exploding market of customer experience and market research analytics. Founded in Birmingham, England, in 2013 the company has established a global team across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, and is expanding its team in Utah to continue its rapid growth. Voxpopme is the market-leading provider of video feedback capture and analytics. The company’s video technology helps brands to see the people behind the data, driving customer-centric decisions through engaging video research, while allowing consumers to reach out directly to brands in the moment and via their preferred medium: video. Over 300 companies including Clorox, Airbnb, Verizon and Telstra use Voxpopme to capture real-time, qualitative feedback from their customers.
Voxpopme entered the US market in 2015 and has experienced tremendous demand for its platform. The successful entry into the U.S. has fueled 100%+ revenue growth for the company and is expected to be the primary driver of Voxpopme’s growth for years to come. As a result, Voxpopme plans to reorganize its financial and corporate structure to become a U.S. company with multiple international subsidiaries.
Voxpopme is seeking an experienced financial executive to be its new Director of Finance and Controller. This individual will lead the company’s transition to the U.S. and build an international finance team that will support the company’s global growth.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Finance and Controller will be responsible for all aspects of the finance department, including financial and management reporting, accounting operations, systems, audit, and tax. He or she will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team of two accountants based in the UK and Australia. The Director of Finance and Controller will work directly with Voxpopme’s CEO and CFO, both of whom are based in Salt Lake City, and is expected to take a leading role in financial planning and strategy development. As such, the Director of Finance and Controller will be a member of the SLC-based senior leadership team and will help to shape and drive the culture of the organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and guidance to the growing number of staff members in the Salt Lake City office. Hire and inspire a talented team of international financial professionals who will consistently and accurately execute the financial operations of the business.
- Develop operating protocols and processes with a continuous improvement mindset and foster a culture of excellence and pride in the mission.
- Supervise the strategy, process, and execution of the company’s financial operations, including billing, accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems (Xero).
- Manage the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Develop and maintain financial controls for revenue reporting, accruals, and cash management that ensures accuracy of all financial reports.
- Coordinate all audit activity and compliance programs working with various regulators as appropriate.
- Coordinate all tax and regulatory reporting working with experienced third party tax and regulatory advisors as appropriate to ensure compliance with all relevant tax and regulatory laws.
- Manage and maintain a dynamic financial model of the company’s operations and forecasts.
- Prepare management and board reporting packages with variance reporting from budget results.
- Manage the transfer of financial data from Company financial platforms to business intelligence platforms.
- Engage with senior management to develop an optimal business intelligence strategy to align departments and inform management with real time operational feedback
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA Preferred
- 10 years of accounting experience
- Experience as a Financial Controller, directing the financial operations of a private operating company with international operations. Venture-backed technology company experience is preferred.
- Experience developing and enforcing appropriate financial controls and corporate governance policies.
- Proven track record of developing successful teams and delivering consistent and accurate monthly financial close operations and financial reporting packages.
- Referenceable experience leading company financial audits with third party accountants and company tax filings with regulatory bodies. Knowledge of UK tax structures (VAT/PAYE, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience building and owning a complex company financial model that forecasts income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with GAAP financial standards (FASB and IASB).
- Previous work with a high growth, SaaS software company with understanding of SaaS revenue accounting rules ASC 606 and IFRS 15 preferred.
- Proficient with accounting software, office applications, Excel and presentation software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating complex concepts and key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners.
- Leadership - Strong leader with the ability to motivate, inspire and lead an international team.
- Accountability - Team player with strong sense of accountability and loyalty who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done on time and to the highest professional standards.
- Analytical - Outstanding analytical capabilities and extremely detail oriented.
- Communication - Proven ability to work across departments to enlist cooperation and compliance from various departments within the enterprise.
- Ownership / Courage - Inspired Learner who is excited about the opportunity to develop new capabilities and learn new things and will courageously take ownership of new challenges for the Company.
- Network - Ability to hire and retain outstanding finance professionals, with a strong network of talent in the Salt Lake City area.
- Fit - Excitement and interest in the international travel and relationship development needed to grow a world class, international organization.
COMPENSATION & HOW TO REACH US
VoxPopMe has a generous employee benefits plan and is ready to provide a strong compensation package for an all-star leader. If you meet the criteria above and are inspired by the challenge of building an international, category leading SaaS company here in Utah - we want to hear from you! Please submit a resume and cover letter describing why you believe you are the best fit for this role here!