Video is the most powerful way for customers to provide real, human feedback. It’s deep in meaning, rich in context and emotionally engaging, which is why it is becoming such an important element of Market Research and Customer Experience.
Voxpopme is the market leading provider of video feedback capture and analytics, our video technology helps brands to see the people behind the data, driving customer-centric decisions through engaging video research.
We have seen some truly amazing growth over the last 4 years. Our disruptive, innovative and fast paced approach to the industry has led to us doubling revenue year on year, and opening offices across the US, Australia and most recently, our second UK office in London.
We are always looking for great people who want to grow in a fast paced and dynamic organisation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, qualified Accountant [ACCA/ACA/CIMA] to join us in this role based at our Birmingham offices. You’ll report directly to the CFO and will be a skilled analyst with a strong technical background in financial accounting.
- Strong technical and analytical skills - to include proven strength in financial reporting, systems knowledge, financial modelling, reporting, auditing and statutory compliance;
- Experience in generating insightful monthly consolidated group financial (Management accounts, balance sheet, cash flow, commentary);
- Proven track record of delivery as Financial Controller within an early stage growth business with an international footprint;
- Experience in managing, developing and motivating a small finance team of varying experience;
- Responsible for the core finance function, including payable and receivables ledgers, credit control, banking and payrolls;
- Sound knowledge of Corporate/VAT/PAYE taxes;
- Manage and ensure that all local regulatory financial reporting matters are met by jurisdiction;
- Develop an effective reporting platform to meet expectations and requirements;
- Understand significance of any variances in management accounts and KPIs to produce Plans and Quarterly Forecasts;
- Liaise with the business to prepare annual Plan and Reforecasts;
- Ensure that appropriate authorisations and controls are in place across the business to meet corporate governance standards, without compromising the ability of the business to make decisions;
- Proficient with accounting software, office applications, Excel and presentation software;
- Assisting the CFO day to day in the delivery of quality input on strategic direction, performance and considered directional guidance.
Key Personal and Business Engagement Skills
- Driver of continuous system and process improvements;
- Punctual in meeting deadlines;
- Able to thrive in an environment of change and manage multiple responsibilities;
- Strong communicator with the confidence to influence finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels;
- Can-do attitude, flexible, curious, pro-active and commercially astute;
- Experienced in working with a variety of cultures and financial regulatory frameworks.
- Minimum 3 years’ post qualification experience
- An experience of US group subsidiary and SOX would be highly advantageous;
- Experience gained in fast growth small to medium sized technology businesses;
- Working knowledge of Xero would be an advantage.