Business insurance is failing the modern founder. Brokers are selling the same old, bloated policies. At Vouch, we’re fixing insurance for startups and founders with Insurance-as-a-Service; the first comprehensive commercial insurance that integrates with business tools.
Vouch is a new technology-first insurance provider, backed by an eight-figure seed round from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments, Gusto for payroll and benefits, and Xero for accounting, Vouch aims to create the go-to risk management and business insurance platform for founders and the companies they’re building.
Vouch is looking for a Controller to be our first finance hire. This position will report to the CEO and will be responsible for managing all aspects of Vouch’s accounting and financial operations.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for designated stakeholders and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) including managing month-end closing process.
- Manage internal and external financial partners (bookkeeping, accounting, banking) to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Establish and manage financial controls that are right-sized for our size and business model as we scale
- Develop an effective budget management process that ensures Vouch hits its financial goals.
- Oversee financial operations, including but not limited to Account Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience in accounting/audit
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, and regulations
- Process-oriented, systems-focused, detail-oriented & data-driven
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize work
- High level of integrity with the ability to effectively deal with sensitive and confidential information.
Nice to have:
- Previous early stage start-up experience
- Experience working in the insurance industry
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of it’s growing team.