Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $24.5M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product we are seeking creative and innovative insurance professionals to expand our insurance expertise.
As a member of the insurance operations team, you will lead policy and underwriting servicing efforts for Vouch. You will be responsible for developing necessary operating procedures while also ensuring accurate and properly documented changes to commercial P&C policies. In addition, you will work closely with our engineers and business development group to deliver new and innovative servicing solutions to support our category-defining products.
Specific activities may include:
- Develop and continually improve underwriting operating procedures
- Support Chief Insurance Officer in portfolio assessment and analysis
- Advise on process improvements, including automation opportunities
- Execute mid-term changes including endorsements, coverage additions
- Execute certificates of insurance and associated endorsements
- Execute required operating procedures
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- A strong attention to detail
- Adept at bringing creative insurance product ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on real-time interaction, either written or verbal
- A strong ambition and excitement to focus on the customer, technology startups
Nice to have:
- Exposure to early-stage startups and/or high growth environments.
- P&C License
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of it’s growing team.