Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70 million in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Vouch is looking for a Front End Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute critical code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our code base and engineering culture.
● 5+ years industry experience writing front-end production code
● Strong understanding of the latest ES standards and language features
● Build reusable front-end interfaces and components with various levels of abstraction
● Collaborate closely with product and design teams to build new features and beautiful interactive interfaces in mobile and desktop environments
● Strong understanding of modern asynchronous architecture (lazy/optimistic loading, handling 'offline' application state, etc.)
● Strong understanding of how to measure and optimize front-end performance and page speed metrics
Nice to haves:
● Exposure to developing full stack in different programming languages (preferably Ruby/Python)
● Experience with Typescript
● Experience working with and building REST APIs as well as API design principles and best practices
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.