Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70 million in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Vouch is looking for a senior data engineer to join our team. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes data and gets excited about data warehouses, new technologies around data, and data engineering. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute critical code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our codebase and engineering culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with our sales, marketing, product, and insurance teams to identify and integrate data sources that describe the insurable risks of startup businesses
- Designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines between our product, CRM, HR, Underwriting, and other relevant systems
- Build and maintain cloud-native integrations, integration frameworks and applications for integrating data between operational systems and data repositories.
- Establishing best practices around building scalable, production-ready data processing solutions, as well as researching and implementing the most efficient mechanisms for data access.
- Proposing the best technologies for data processing and data framework
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer with focus on Data Infrastructure
- 5+ years of Python development experience; strong familiarity with the Python Standard Library and commonly-used patterns for RDBMS integration and delivering RESTful APIs
- Uses software development best practices with a focus on testing, reliability and maintainability
- Solid knowledge of various datastores (RDBMS’s, NoSQL, etc)
- Strong familiarity with hosted data services, cloud infrastructure, devops, deployment automation, version control tools, and data science and analysis libraries and platforms
- Experience with data transformation tooling, such as pandas, spark, kiba, etc.
- Experienced with one or more CRM and Martech APIs is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, executives, and other stakeholders.
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.