Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70 in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
We're looking for a Software Engineering intern for the summer of 2020 who isn't afraid of underwriting algorithms, actuarial formulas, or cutting through esoteric jargon. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small engineering team as we (apologies for the cliche) reinvent insurance for startups.
Here's what you'll do:
- Work on a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute to a variety of different parts of our codebase.
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points and come up with creative solutions.
- Help us deliver innovative technical solutions for our customers.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Students pursuing a BS and/or MS degree in computer science or a related technical field with an expected graduation date of December 2020 or later
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- A drive to create well-structured and maintainable code
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.