Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70 million in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Vouch is looking for senior software engineers to join our team. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute critical code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our codebase and engineering culture.
- 5+ years development experience
- Proficient using Ruby
- Experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as ability to design schemas.
- Exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, TDD, code reviews etc.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with HashiCorp tools (Consul, Vault, and Terraform)
- Polyglot programmer comfortable developing in different programming languages
- Understanding of event based systems, message queues, immutable database design
- TypeScript and/or ECMAScript 6 (ES6)
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.