Voray is the preeminent business development tool for B2B companies and the preferred professional development tool for senior executives. We drive real relationships built in the real world, powering business. At Voray, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and achieve at new levels, collaborating with our ambitious, brilliant, hard-working, and fun team while contributing to our culture of success.
About the role
The Community Development Associate will play a critical role in our business as we expand. This role is one part researching potential members and their companies, one part communicating with existing and potential community members, and one part maintaining and updating information contained within Voray’s platform. The goal is to identify professionals best suited to join our community while simultaneously gaining knowledge and context around individuals and their industries.
The ideal candidate is confident interacting with others, and appreciates dedicating part of each day to research and learning. You are a self-motivated team player with a natural curiosity about various industries and types of businesses (from startup to well established) operating within them. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a recent graduate looking to enter the New York startup world as this person will quickly gain a broad knowledge of burgeoning industries and the business landscape across major US cities.
- Member of broader Success Operations team working primarily to ensure events are of the highest quality
- Identify the best attendees from our community and externally for each event; build lists of target members based on event criteria provided using tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Communicate directly with invited guests and update information in Voray platform as appropriate
- Answer any questions received from event guests or invitees
- Communicate Voray value proposition and event format to interested parties
- Hold phone conversations with prospects upon request
- Work within Voray platform to send event invites, record guest RSVPs, and more
- Assist with user and event tagging and categorization in Voray platform
- Share feedback continuously with operations and product teams to improve our offering and manage event success
- Update SalesForce CRM software to keep track of tasks as they are completed
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in executive assistance, marketing, research, and/or customer service a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on the task at hand
- Basic understanding of organizational structures of different companies in various industries, and interest in learning more about those companies/industries
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excitement about joining a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
Benefits & Culture
You will be part of a dynamic and growing team in NYC. Given the small size and early stage of the company, you will have the opportunity to have a profound impact on Voray’s development. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes health insurance, life insurance, 401K, gym membership, Citi Bike membership, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team happy hours, and more.
Voray is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate a community and workplace that celebrates diversity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.