Voray is the preeminent business development tool for B2B companies and the preferred professional development tool for senior executives. We drive real business powering relationships built in the real world. At Voray, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and achieve at all levels, collaborating with our ambitious, brilliant, hard-working, and fun team while contributing to our culture of success. We began as a marketing events business, holding senior executive dinners sponsored by B2B businesses with high-value, relationship-based sales. Voray is now focused on data opportunities created by these relationships to drive a variety of tools, services and applications to add value to our customers.
About the Role
We’re looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded and motivated VP Engineering to help build our engineering team, write clean, scalable, and reliable software in a fast-paced work environment, and improve our data and design practices. We need a strong functional expert and manager to lead front-end, back-end, data, product, and technical operations. If you’re the right one for us, you are a vocal leader who takes great pride in your work and you are at ease working within an agile environment where today’s insights will drive tomorrow’s innovation.
- Hire, manage, retain, grow, and lead the entire technology organization
- Plan, design, and build functions and features for both our event production and data architectures
- Work and collaborate directly with product to add value throughout the entire application stack
- Write, test, and release reliable infrastructure based on user, team, and company feedback
- Lead code reviews and provide quality feedback to help the team grow
- 5+ years relevant experience in startups (data-focused companies are a plus)
- Experience with PostgreSQL (experience with Heroku is a plus)
- Experience with cloud storage solutions (AWS Redshift or Snowflake preferred)
- Experience working with Tableau
- Experience working with Salesforce integration is a plus
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- We’re a small, lean team; a strong desire to take ownership of tasks and projects is a must
Benefits & Culture
You will be part of a dynamic and growing team in NYC. Given the small size and early stage of the company, you will have the opportunity to have a profound impact on Voray’s development. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes health insurance, life insurance, 401K, gym membership, Citi Bike membership, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team happy hours, and more.
Voray is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate a community and workplace that celebrates diversity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.