Voray is the platform built to spark and cultivate meaningful professional relationships that fuel success. The company was founded in 2016 by David Olk (ShopKeep), Mark Gerson (GLG), and Gavin Myers (Prudence Holdings), based on the belief that we connect most authentically with other like-minded people when we gather in person. Voray’s SmartGatherings are intimate events that bring together successful, time-strapped professionals. Hosted by a thought leader and sponsored by an industry partner, each Voray event is highly curated and tailor-made to create opportunity, share knowledge, and experience true professional camaraderie. Post event, the Voray community can connect and communicate through the platform’s powerful proprietary technology. At Voray, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and achieve at new levels, collaborating with our ambitious, brilliant, hard-working, and fun team while contributing to our culture of success.
The BDR will play a crucial role in our long-term business growth. You will find, create, and develop prospects for lead generation, growing our sales pipeline. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a high EQ and natural inclination for selling. You thrive in a competitive and merit-based environment, and you will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with potential clients and ensure proper after-sales service.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market; generate and qualify leads through cold calling, emailing and utilizing tools such as LinkedIn or Salesforce
- Present and clearly communicate Voray’s value proposition to major decision-makers
- Qualify all sales leads based upon lead qualification criteria
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with clients
- Schedule and proactively set up meetings between qualified leads and Account Executives
- Document all activity in Salesforce and provide a weekly progress report to management
- Re-engage stale or missed leads and opportunities
- Assist with Sales activities and marketing campaigns
- Maintain positive and engaged customer relationships post-sale
- Work closely with sales team to strategize more effective sales methods
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Experience with Salesforce or other comparable CRM software
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritize and shift gears effortlessly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Extremely organized and comfortable managing concurrent multiple projects/customers at once
- Ability to converse with and influence C-level and VP-level prospects
- Collaborative in nature and enjoys helping others
Benefits and Culture
You will be part of a dynamic and growing team in NYC. Given the small size and early stage of the company, you will have the opportunity to have a profound impact on Voray’s development. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes health insurance, life insurance, 401K, gym membership, Citi Bike membership, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team happy hours, and more.
Voray is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate a community and workplace that celebrates diversity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.