Vodori is looking for a Senior Product Engineer to help us deliver innovative next-generation capabilities using modern enterprise product architecture and design. We work with the life sciences industry to help accelerate the review and approval of their marketing and sales collateral -- a critical step toward getting life-saving therapies into the market. Our product suite, Pepper
, is a digital content platform that facilitates the entire content review & approval process.
We’re looking for a polyglot with 3+ years of software development experience who’s comfortable working across the entire stack and has experience in secure, multi-tenant, multi-tier, distributed systems. You should minimally have an interest in DevOps, particularly Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS with relevant experience being a plus.
You should have a knack for breaking down complex systems or processes into simple components and know that keeping things simple is hard work but pays dividends. If you’ve seen a product through from conception to success (or failure) and can articulate the right and wrong turns made along the way, even better.
Curiosity and an insatiable appetite for learning and innovating are important as is having a strong desire to understand our customers and the problems we solve.
We value engineers who have a reputation for asking the hard questions around failures and security. What happens if this remote call fails? Why can we trust that source? What happens if the wrong person gets access to that server?
We’re hard-working, we share a deep commitment to our customers and to one another, and we deliver iteratively through Agile sprints. Each member of the product team makes a significant impact in product architecture, design, and future direction. We believe in a supportive environment in which to innovate, learn new technologies, and share your knowledge with others.
Pepper is composed of several applications and services ranging in purpose from tenant isolation and backup management to user facing applications with configurable workflows. Our codebases consist primarily of Clojure or Java on the server and TypeScript/Angular on the client. We package and deploy using Docker and Kubernetes.
In 3 months, you will…
- Understand the product architecture and be able to explain the components and overall design
- Complete sprint stories as an active developer with support from the team
- Use a combination of self-study and hands-on training you will learn any languages or frameworks which you don’t have experience with.
In 6 months, you will…
- Be comfortable working on the product infrastructure stack (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS) and demonstrate the ability to stand up new nodes and configure/execute deployments
- Participate in solution design meetings with our designers, business analysts, and engineering teams.
- Join the product engineering team in a support rotation plan which ensures the system is meeting our stated SLAs.
In 12 months, you will…
- Help our teams look for innovative ways to solve existing and new problems through opportunity identification and suggestions for ways to capitalize on these innovative ideas.