Title: Cloud Migration / Modernization Engineer
Location: Tue, Wed, Thu (Onsite Herndon, VA) Mon and Fri (Remote)
US Citizens Only
Duration: 1 year
Work as a Cloud Migration/Modernization engineer within a small team focused on migrating applications to the cloud. This customer is moving applications from their data center to AWS. Their applications are mostly based on a Windows Core stack with .NET, MS SQL and IIS.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of refactoring .NET applications and automating the deployments using CodePipeline and CloudFormation. Build Cloudformation based automation for green fields and brown field deployments in AWS GovCloud (IL4 and IL5 environments) and commercial regions. Applications need to use SAML for authentication and hardened AMIs for deployment. The ideal candidate will have AWS provisioning, troubleshooting and testing experience and will automate the migrations using a factory approach to accelerate the deployments. Understanding of security concepts including usage of Key Management Service (KMS) keys, Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, IAM roles and CIS foundation best practices is desirable.
- AWS GovCloud migration experience for .NET applications in GovCloud and commercial regions
- Must have extensive experience with AWS Services (EC2/VPC/RDS/SNS/IAM)) and CloudFormation.
- DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) Automation
- Scripting experience - Shell scripting, Power Shell
- Provisioners - DSC, Chef or Ansible
Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build and package management, and deployment scripts.
- Ability to work in a Scrum environment using Jira for ticketing.
- Ensure that all efforts are carried out with attention to detail, including documenting processes, procedures and best practices.
- Work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a highly tactical environment.
- Customer focused.
- Calm personality; able provide critical analysis under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.