Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Remote (Some Travel to San Antonio, TX)
Duration: 12 months with possible extensions
Candidate MUST be US Citizen.
Work as a Cyber Security Engineer within a small team focused on deploying applications to Cloud and Kubernetes environments. As a cyber security engineer on this project, you will support the design, review and implementation of cyber activities that will lead to ATO Cloud deployment activities for mission-critical systems for the client.
In this role, you will define the security frameworks for deployments within Amazon/Azure Cloud. Participate in security reviews of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS usage by the client. automation for securing green fields and brown field deployments in Kubernetes, AWS / Azure GovCloud (IL4 and IL5 environments).
Experience in RMF and ATO Must.
- 3+ years of experience with securing computer systems, performing accreditation activities, and writing security plans for the Federal Government
- 3+ years of experience in working with processes, regulations applicable to IT system assessment, and authorization for the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- 2+ years of Experience with assessing the delivering and management of Cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms on Amazon / Azure GovClouds.
- Knowledge of FedRAMP, ATO, and the implications of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) Experience with client management, including executing projects on time.
- Experience with Data Security at Rest and in Transit.
- Experience with implementing NIST Guidelines.
- Experience with securing containers.
- Experience with Windows and Linux Security hardening
- Knowledge of Cloud security fundamentals or Cyber threats as they relate to Cloud
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build and package management, and deployment scripts.
- Ability to work in a Scrum environment using Jira for ticketing.
- Ensure that all efforts are carried out with attention to detail, including documenting processes, procedures and best practices.
- Work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a highly tactical environment.
- Customer focused.
- Calm personality; able provide critical analysis under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.