Position: Senior Automation QA Analyst
Location: Columbia. MD
Duration: 1 Year +
This individual works in a team environment and will be responsible for planning and conducting a wide range of quality control tasks, including analyzing requirements, test planning and strategy, developing and executing tests, evaluating results and reporting, and promoting organizational and product integrity.
· Review documentation to understand testing requirements, test environments and objectives.
· Use standardized testing methods, tools and procedures to ensure testing is efficient, effective and comprehensive.
· Adhere to a unified team process.
· Translate requirements into detailed test plans and test cases.
· Develop test automation approach applying most modern test automation techniques.
· Design and create test scripts to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for release.
· Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
· Execute manual/automated test cases/scripts.
· Perform tests in terms of functionality, reliability, stress, and compatibility.
· Create and maintain an automated build verification (smoke) test Document, troubleshoot, track and resolve requests and issues on a timely basis.
· Ensure web applications are cross-browser/cross-platform compatible and respond accordingly to compatible devices and tablets.
· Work with users to support User Acceptance Testing, Training, and more.
· Advise Test Manager/Project Manager regarding overall quality of project and state of work.
· Raise outstanding issues through established project management channels, as per project plan.
· 5-7 years of experience working as a QA Tester.
· 3 to 5 years of experience developing automated test systems for both .NET web and windows applications.
· Self-motivating with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work with and mentor other team members.
· Ability to write automated test scripts from scratch in line with approved software requirements.
· Ability to create scripts and test application beyond record and playback. Specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc. Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
· Positive attitude and driven.
· Ability to read and understand workflow diagrams.
· Ability to think abstract "outside the box "
· Passionate about product success.
· Ability to handle overlapping assignments.
· Ability to manage and oversee team member efforts.
· Ability to understand and promote process improvements as needed supported by team.
· Define QC scope and objectives
Preferred Technology Skills/Experience:
· Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (preferred).
· Experience and understanding of agile development life cycle.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology related field (preferred).