As the Technical Support Specialist, you will be primarily responsible for providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to Smoot users by triaging and processing requests from users via telephone and e-mail. Support will be provided in person or remotely, as appropriate for the particular situation.
Your ability to respond quickly to change is essential for success in this role. Consequently, an ability to self-steer and understand the bigger picture, while being able to pay attention to detail, is therefore highly desirable. You should be passionate about customer service and be results driven. This position comes with significant responsibility, and we are looking for candidates with high potential to grow within the organization. This opportunity will provide for both personal and professional development allowing this individual the opportunity to further their education and certifications as needed.
A background in customer service or a help desk environment is essential, ideally gained working within the Information Technology field. The successful candidate will share our passion for service excellence, ensuring that end-user and organizational expectations are not only met but exceeded wherever possible.
- Act as a first line support for all end-user related technology issues;
- Interaction and support for individuals at all levels of the organization, including Executive team;
- Periodically and proactively conduct site visit for various job sites to check on users and technology systems;
- Create and maintain IT-related documentation for the organization;
- Investigate and resolve issues/queries while maintaining ownership of the task through completion;
- Identify critical incidents and/or incidents that require additional support and escalate as needed to various vendors (system vendors or IT support vendor); * Assist in developing processes and procedures to streamline IT-related activities;
- Assist in testing of new platforms, products and services, in connection with organizational needs;
- Assist in identifying, implementing and optimizing operational functions associated with IT-related tasks;
- Assist in the daily monitoring and support of Smoot IT environment and backups;
- Resolve complex issues working with internal and external resources * Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be expected / requested.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years customer service or help desk experience;
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience supporting Microsoft Office applications;
- Working knowledge of active directory and basic windows server experience;
- Experience with financial services industry is a plus;
- Experience supporting Windows-based operating systems;
- Familiarity with Citrix is a plus;
- A passion for and a broad understanding of desktop and client services;
- Proven track record of self-steering, working autonomously in a sometimes pressured environment with deadlines, and taking complete ownership of projects of varying length and complexity;
- Excellent analytical skills with a proactive approach;
- Excellent communication skills, being able to bridge the gap between business and technical stakeholders;
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s or equivalent technical degree preferred.
Must be able to bend, squat, scrawl, and left equipment (50-100lbs)
Job Type: Full-time