VitroLabs Inc is a venture backed start-up based in San Francisco, CA working on the cutting edge of 3D tissue engineering using stem cell-based technologies. We are developing the worlds first fully scalable tissue engineering platform combining the latest breakthroughs in stem research, tissue engineering and software.
We currently have an opening for a highly-motivated intern for our laboratory group starting as soon as possible. The candidate will be involved in R&D, wet bench chemistry, cell culture, maintenance of instruments, and lab organization. This internship is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate or recent graduate to strengthen their skills and gain experience in research and development related to biomaterials and cellular agriculture.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, making chemical stock solutions, data entry, calibration of instruments, microscopy, cell culture maintenance, and general lab upkeep.
- Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles and good lab practices with attention to safety. Good oral and written communication skills are required. Good computer and documentation skills are essential. Must be well organized and willing to work as part of a team.
- Required course work includes at least two years of general chemistry, biology, bioengineering, or biomedical engineering. Previous experience in a wet lab is considered a plus.
- This is a paid internship opportunity.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities, and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.