Our team at Vistar Media is made up of engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise. This makes it the perfect place to learn from seasoned engineers to help expand your knowledge of a new programming language or technology and to make a big impact on our products and services. Our engineers work closely with our Product team week-to-week to develop new lines of business and add to our existing feature set. At Vistar, we value code quality and have a rigorous code review process. The responsibility is shared across the team, with each member participating.
We are looking for a passionate Front-End Engineer to develop UI solutions for our platform.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with current trends in web technology, and have experience in the tools and libraries used by the team.
Ultimately, the role of the Front-End Engineer is to work with their team to build high-quality, performant and well-tested UI software. This software must comply with coding standards of the leadership team and maintain the quality and usability expectations of our clients.
- Write well-designed, well-tested UI code
- Work closely with the Product Owner and UI/UX Designer to create user-friendly workflows
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing applications
- Participate in code reviews for your teammates
- Proven work experience as a Front-End Engineer or Web Developer in a team environment
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience using React.js to build applications (Redux experience a bonus)
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in the React ecosystem, and in UI development in general.
- 1 year of relevant work experience in front-end development
Some of our perks
- Catered lunch twice a week from local restaurants
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and drinks
- Flexible vacation time
- Summer Fridays
- A large entertainment budget for frequent happy hours and team outings
- Sponsored volunteer events
- Opportunities for team and project leadership
- A great bunch of people to work with and learn from