Vision Point Systems is hiring an entry-level Business Process Technology Consultants based in our Reston, VA location. We are seeking candidates with 0-2 years professional experience.
This is both a customer-facing and technical position. The candidate is expected to be expert with using computer systems including use of web-based applications, databases, and mobile apps. The candidate must enjoy working with clients, team members, and managers to analyze, document, and implement business processes using cutting edge software tools. A technical degree is not required, but the candidate must have had some training, classwork, or professional experience with computer science, programming, data structures, or other related topic.
Candidates must have completed or will be completing a Bachelor’s degree May/June 2019. Any degree path will be considered as long as the candidate has the requisite technical classes or experience.
Work will primarily be performed at our office in Fairfax or other client offices in the DC area. Some occasional travel outside the area may be required.
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional consulting team to design, implement, test and support Business Process Management (BPM) Systems.
- Produce design and requirements specification documents based on the results of interacting with clients, building prototypes and analyzing performance.
- Develop Business Processes using BPM tool.
- Test BPM processes developed by self and peers.
- Support and Troubleshoot deployed production systems including investigation of problem reports.
- Assist project team and customer technicians with enterprise systems integration designs, such as database, web services, LDAP/Active Directory.
Optional Bonus Experience Desired
- Windows or Linux Server Administration
- Java Programming
- MS SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL Database administration
- Process modeling tools such as Visio
- UX design concepts
- Software Testing
- Agile Software Development Methodology
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degrees are highly preferred)
- At least two college level classes in computer science, business systems, programming, engineering, or other IT area.
- Passion for solving problems with technology as demonstrated by hobbies, activities, or work history
- Demonstrated knowledge of Relational Databases
- Experience with complex data analysis using tools such as Excel, Access, SAS, SPSS
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design concepts of computer programming
- Strong comfort level with communicating directly with customers or other stakeholders
- Client requires US Citizenship
Full time employees with Vision Point Systems qualify for a generous benefits plan to include medical, dental, 1x your salary in life insurance, and short and long term disability. VPS also offers 401k participation and matching. Highly contributing team members are also rewarded with flexible work hours, travel, and training opportunities when available.
EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.