Vision Point Systems, Inc. is currently recruiting a talented, innovative engineering technician. The engineering technician position is housed onsite at a customer/company location in Philadelphia, PA. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following
· Candidates will be able to work independently and be a self-starter
· Coatings and materials testing in accordance with ASTM and other standards and specifications
· Surface preparation and coating application for test specimens to include abrasive blasting, hand tool preparation, and various coating application techniques
· Collect objective quality evidence (OQE) that specimens were prepared and handled correctly according to the test plan or other governing document
· Assist engineers with test program execution. This may involve performance of laboratory and/or field tests, helping with specimen evaluation and data collection, and/or performing various inspections in support of corrosion and material related projects.
· Assist with design and construction of test apparatuses to include rapid prototyping, basic machining, and assembly
· Maintain and set up laboratory quality assurance and failure analysis experiments
· HAZMAT and material procurement, inventory and disposal
· Laboratory upkeep and maintain functionality of equipment (bench-top testing equipment, large scale corrosion cabinets, blasting cabinets, etc.), including troubleshooting non-functioning equipment, replacing broken components, checking equipment calibration, and scheduling for calibration to be performed.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 years.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Clearance: Must have an active Secret Security Clearance. Signing bonus available for candidates with an existing clearance.
Experience working with and supporting US Navy and/or US Marine Corp programs is highly desired. Experience with materials and mechanical testing, corrosion prevention, coatings application and evaluation, and vehicle/ship platforms is desired.
Full time employees with Vision Point Systems qualify for a generous benefits plan to include medical, dental, 1x your salary in life insurance, and short and long term disability. VPS also offers 401k participation and matching.
EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.