We are hiring!
With offices in the USA, Switzerland, Spain and Singapore, Virtually Live’s mission is to connect fans around the world through virtual reality, building a new media platform to experience live events in a way that’s more immersive, personalized and social than ever before. Virtually Live’s unique patented new media technology in CGI (Computer Generated Images) creates true VR experiences by tracking physical live events and transposing the action into a fully rendered virtual environment, delivered live to fans via VR headsets and second screen PCs as well as mobile devices.
You will work in Singapore at our development studio.
- Generate character high resolution models, low resolution models, textures and PBR materials.
- Work closely with the lead artist to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded.
- Provide direction and mentorship to junior members of the environment art team.
- Facial blend shape creation.
- Work with the Lead Artist and engineering/technical art to define the technical budgets of art assets.
- Work within the engine to preview, iterate, optimize and polish assets to a quality bar and visual direction agreed with stakeholders, while respecting the technical requirements.
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions.
- Review assets produced by outsource teams and provide technical and aesthetic feedback.
- Provide guidance and assistance whenever required to outsourcing vendors.
- Maintain a consistent quality of work while staying on schedule.
- Help running regular reviews of art work.
- Help maintaining and supporting the art team cohesion and moral.
- Help production team and Lead Artist with tasks breakdown, prioritization and assignment among the character art team.
- Maintain visibility of progress and where areas of production need assistance.
- Assist the Lead Artist in art related recruitment.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience modelling and texturing 3D characters using 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance Painter or Photoshop (or equivalent package) with at least one shipped commercial product
- Passion for creating visually realistic human 3D characters.
- Understanding of a project’s visual style and a passion to push it to the next level.
- Experience working with outsourcing vendors.
- Experience with the creation of next gen shaders or materials.
- Experience in Unity a plus.
- Exceptional Human and animal anatomy knowledge.
- Strong ZBrush or Mudbox experience.
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding in sculpting, 3D modelling & surfacing (both high- & low-resolution game assets).
- Experience with organic and inorganic modelling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
- Experience working with scan data.
- Expert understanding of game asset development processes, limitations and dependencies
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Solicits feedback frequently, accepts critique and uses feedback to improve work.
- Passion for new technologies, especially in VR/AR.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team player with a positive and a ‘can do’ attitude.