We are hiring!
About Virtually Live
With offices in Switzerland, Spain and Singapore, Virtually Live’s mission is to connect fans around the world through virtual reality, building a new media platform to experience live events in a way that’s more immersive, personalized and social than ever before. Virtually Live’s unique patented new media technology in CGI (Computer Generated Images) creates true VR experiences by tracking physical live events and transposing the action into a fully rendered virtual environment, delivered live to fans via VR headsets and second screen PCs as well as mobile devices.
At Virtually Live, we rely on powerfully insightful data to power our systems and solutions. We’re seeking an experienced data engineer to deliver that insight to us on a daily basis. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will work with and support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Solid experience as a Research Scientist / Engineer with an advanced degree in a related field (Computer Science, telecommunication engineering, physics or mathematics).
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Intellectual curiosity and a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing (e.g. Kafka) and stream processing (e.g.Storm, Spark Streaming).
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with DevOps tools, such as Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience using version control systems (ex. Git).
- Experience working in a SCRUM/Agile environment.
- Used to work with tight milestones and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read/write/speak English fluently.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making skills.
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours.
- Relocation package.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Monthly drinks and seasonal events.
- Sabbatical! 4 weeks paid leave for each five years of service.
- Fresh fruit, Games area.
- English/Spanish classes.