We are hiring!
About Virtually Live
With offices in Switzerland, Spain and Singapore, Virtually Live’s mission is to connect fans around the world through virtual reality, building a new media platform to experience live events in a way that’s more immersive, personalized and social than ever before. Virtually Live’s unique patented new media technology in CGI (Computer Generated Images) creates true VR experiences by tracking physical live events and transposing the action into a fully rendered virtual environment, delivered live to fans via VR headsets and second screen PCs as well as mobile devices.
At Virtually Live, we rely on powerfully insightful data to power our systems and solutions. We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to deliver that insight to us on a daily basis. Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and computer science expertise you’d expect, but also a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within. All with the ultimate goal of realizing the data’s full potential. You will join a team of data specialists, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future.
- Solid experience as a Research Scientist / Engineer with an advanced degree in a related field (Computer Science, telecommunication engineering, physics or mathematics).
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Intellectual curiosity and a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Good scripting and programming skills, with emphasis in Python, R and SQL.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Experience using version control systems (ex. Git)
- Experience working in a SCRUM/Agile environment.
- Used to work with tight milestones and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read/write/speak English fluently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Work well in a team and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making skills.
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude.
Additional skills considered as a plus.
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, google).
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, ...).
- Familiar with advanced signal processing techniques in real-time.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges. New ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of artists, designers and engineers in a fast-paced, interactive development environment to design and develop software according to specifications.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours.
- Relocation package.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Monthly drinks and seasonal events.
- Sabbatical! 4 weeks’ paid leave for each five years of service.
- Fresh fruit, Games area.
- English/Spanish classes.