Senior DevOps Engineer
We are hiring!
About Virtually Live
With offices in Switzerland, Spain and Singapore, Virtually Live’s mission is to connect fans around the world through virtual reality, building a new media platform to experience live events in a way that’s more immersive, personalized and social than ever before. Virtually Live’s unique patented new media technology in CGI (Computer Generated Images) creates true VR experiences by tracking physical live events and transposing the action into a fully rendered virtual environment, delivered live to fans via VR headsets and second screen PCs as well as mobile devices.
Virtually Live is looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead or operations in sunny Malaga, passionate about automating, developing and executing best-practices, providing solution architectures, and strategy for DevOps adoption.
We want you to be working closely with our teams of engineers, developing, deploying and maintaining server side solutions to support our applications and games.
You will have full ownership of the company infrastructure, ensuring the optimized use of resources to scale and perform appropriately in the kind of highly adaptive environment that gaming industry provides.
You will also be responsible of the monitorization and traceability of our solutions, developing the appropriate framework for automated response and self healing services.
- 5+ years of experience managing Linux environments, preferably under Debian based distributions.
- 5+ Working knowledge with IaaS providers, with strong emphasis in AWS.
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Strong system level programming including scripting in languages like Python/Ruby/Perl and shell scripting.
- Experience managing Continuous Integrations systems like Jenkins or Team-City.
- Source control management solutions like SVN, git or Perforce.
- Working knowledge of container technologies and microservices architecture.
Nice to have
- Strong understanding of Agile environments with cross functional teams.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, ECS, Terraform or CloudFormation.
- You are comfortable using Kibana, ElasticSearch and Logstash.
- You have been working on web applications using Python stacks (Tornado, Twister, Django, Gunicorn, uWSGI, Nginx)
- Experience working with databases like PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Redis, DynamoDB.
- You are a people person and have strong leadership profile.
- Self-motivated, passionate, and fearless.
- You LOVE videogames.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours.
- Relocation package.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Monthly drinks and seasonal events.
- Sabbatical! 4 weeks’ paid leave for each five years of service.
- Fresh fruit, Games area.
- English/Spanish classes.