Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome (bacteria, fungi, and other microbes), and transcriptome (sum of RNA molecules) data – to provide personalized recommendations for healthy living. We are a small, fast-growing, interdisciplinary team of passionate experts in software engineering, biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
We are seeking a driven, detail oriented Senior Frontend React/React Native Engineer to build a highly performant and flexible user friendly web and mobile app that will help change our user’s lives. We care deeply about creating something that feels right in every detail, and we’re looking for engineers with either a proven design aesthetic or a passion for front-end components to help us go faster.
This is a full-time onsite position at Viome’s office in Bellevue, WA.
- Design and create scalable, accessible, and compatible experiences for Viome’s web and mobile app using React leveraging React and React Native
- Work cross-functionally with product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Test code to identify functional and performance issues
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Provide leadership with technical solutions, feedback, and product recommendations
- Work collaboratively to generate product improvements through design review, code review, and discussion
- 3+ years of full-cycle React and React Native experience from deployment to production and utilization by a large audience
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Sharp aesthetic instinct in both visual and interaction design
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
Nice-to-have but not required:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience building native apps for iOS (Objective C, Swift) or Android (Java, Kotlin)
- Experience with Redux
- Ability to develop Progressive Web Apps (PWAs)
Viome is 140+ person start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in California, New Mexico, New York and Washington, we are looking to hire team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy collaboration. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.