How would you like to work at a fun, dynamic company where your contributions will truly make a difference?
Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome and transcriptome data – to provide personalized recommendations for healthy living. We are a small, interdisciplinary and passionate team of experts in biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Since Viome was formed in October 2016, we have already established high-tech laboratories, have offices in four states, and offer a commercial product that has generated high demand. Additionally, due to our rapid growth we are expanding our CLIA Laboratory locations and are in the process of opening a new facility in the greater Seattle, WA area.
- Responsible for all purchasing and raw material inventory, must be able to establish and develop a robust material strategy and execution plan
- Maintains good relationships with key vendors and Viome’s contract manufacturer.
- Determines best vendors and distributors
- Negotiates pricing
- Collaborates with Clinical Lab, Marketing, Products, Operations, Customer Service, and Finance
- Determines supply chain KPIs
- Suggests solutions for process improvements
- Identifies process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Leads the purchasing function
- Maintains adequate supply levels, does demand trend analysis focused on proactive signals to the supply base
- Ensures all purchase orders are placed in support of Operations, commodities include molded components, packaging, consumables & chemicals
- Trains and evaluates others, and provides constructive feedback
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process
- Performs capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements
- Coordinates with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand
- Manages effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets
- Adheres to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and matters that affect purchasing policies
- Coordinate and work with marketing, lab, and operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues
- Achieves financial objectives by working with management to prepare the materials budget, schedule and operations plan annually
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions
- Participates in MRB and CAR meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources
- Collaborate with the lab team to achieve cost reduction targets
- Travel to A/B suppliers for business reviews and collaboration around cost, schedule and quality, includes international travel
- Partners with product development on new product introduction relative to materials
- BA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field
- 5+ years of previous working experience as a Supply Chain Manager in a Biotechnology company or a Laboratory
- 10+ years combined purchasing/supply chain experience in a consumer goods environment.
- Hands-on experience with supply chain management software
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Demonstrated success leading a team of supply chain professionals responsible for managing major subcontracts for performance, source selection, new product introductions, project execution, delivery, and financial results.
- Must be able to manage and partner with >20 suppliers with a focus on Joint Process Improvement (JPI)
- Must be able to partner with a warehouse logistics team relative to Just in Time (JIT) and other lean initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation and communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with global business partners and vendors.
- Ability to think critically, analyze information, and make actionable recommendations.
- High degree of organizational capability with strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Technical competency including advanced Microsoft Excel skills and previous experience operating in ERP systems.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- You are someone that others enjoy working with and have a positive attitude.
Viome is a 150+ person start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in California, New Mexico, New York and Washington, we are looking to hire team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy collaboration. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.