Would you like to work at a fun, dynamic company where your contributions will truly make a difference?
Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome and transcriptome data – to provide personalized recommendations for healthy living. We are an interdisciplinary and passionate team of experts in biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are looking for an AI Engineer in Viome’s NYC Office to join our team and be a key contributor to our Results and Recommendations Platform. Based on microbiome and host gene expression data, food & supplement ingredient content, medical conditions, and dietary preferences of Viome customers or research study participants, our data-driven platform delivers a range of outputs and recommendations and you can help improve that.
Your responsibilities include iteratively designing, implementing, and validating AI systems that:
- Improve and extend current and future reasoning modules, knowledge repositories, and pipelines based on advanced rules and algorithms.
- Improve and extend current and future methods to track and expand the scope and quality of the knowledge base and reasoning engines at Viome.
- Work closely with our Lab, Clinical, and Translational Science teams on research, evaluation, and implementation of new concepts and ideas based on knowledge representation.
- Drive and implement, in conjunction with the product engineering team, best practices to release code on an AWS platform, as well as services and data to other consumers within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s or a PhD, in computing with a concentration in Artificial Intelligence and some software engineering commercial experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of knowledge representation and reasoning (KRR) and natural language processing (NLP) and the ability to absorb and apply the latest advances in these fields
- Logic programming (e.g., Prolog and/or Description Logic) and AI
- Demonstrable track record of complex implementations leveraging AI, machine learning (ML) and KRR techniques and methodologies, under solid software engineering practices, especially CI/CD and revision control (git, etc)..
- Experience with as many of the following technologies as possible:
- Linux shell scripting
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, graph databases such as RDF triplestore, and their corresponding query languages such as SQL and SPARQL
- JENA or similar declarative programming languages
- Modern tools such as R or Python, and additionally Python NLP, Apache NLP, Watson NLU / Knowledge Studio, word embedding using DL libraries, etc.
- Cloud computing, especially with AWS services such as EC2, S3, EKS, ECR, RDS, Lambda, Cloud trail, and Cloud watch
You also have:
- Creative problem-solving skills - the problems you will encounter are at the leading edge of the field and often require non-conventional approaches
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team including experts in biochemistry/microbiology, medicine and AI/ML
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where you can dive in and deliver results quickly
- Exposure to the fields of biology, medicine, or related fields, and experience with molecular and/or clinical data will be a plus
Viome is a 140+ people start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in California, New Mexico, New York and Washington, we are looking to hire team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy collaboration. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.