Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome, and transcriptome data – to provide personalized recommendations for healthy living. We are a small, fast-growing, interdisciplinary team of passionate experts in biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technologist to work the Weekends and the Night Shift (10:00 pm to 6:00 am) at our lab in Los Alamos, NM. You will join a small team working on molecular processing of customer samples, including work on liquid handlers and manual processes. All work is performed in a laboratory setting where adherence to detail and good lab practices (including personal and interpersonal safety) are essential.
This as a full-time, onsite position at Viome’s offices in Los Alamos, NM.
- Follow Viome SOPs in order to process clinical samples, either for NGS library prep or ELISA assay in a CLIA lab environment
- Strict adherence to good laboratory practices (GLP) is critical
- Adhere to all general lab practices
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in biology, chemistry, Medical Laboratory Science or related life science field (required)
- Able to follow and understand SOPs
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a laboratory setting (or education equivalent)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- New Graduates from a certified medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science program encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with a LIMS database
- Experience with cloud storage
- Experience working with liquid handling systems
- Experience or familiarity in working in a CAP/CLIA environment
- Experience with NGS library prep
- Experience with single and multi-channel pipettes
Viome is 130+ person start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in California, New Mexico, New York and Washington, we are looking to hire team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy collaboration. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.