Viome is a wellness as a service company that applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to biological data - e.g., microbiome, and transcriptome data - to provide personalized recommendations for healthy living. We are a small, interdisciplinary and passionate team of experts in biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
This is an opportunity to introduce Viome’s science and technology to our strategic partners' vast domestic and international customers in collaboration with our marketing efforts. For this opportunity, we are seeking an outgoing and customer service-oriented relationship manager to support our partner who is based in Japan.
In this role, you will be a liaison with our strategic partners and educate them about our products and development initiatives, as well as program and project manage our mutual objectives, gather requirements, communicate desires and deliverables with our cross functional teams, and guide our teams to make the best decisions. You will also play a key part in generating new business by identifying opportunities for further potential strategic partnership growth.
- Build, foster and maintain good relationships with our partners to maximize the value of our relationships
- Identify key contacts on an ongoing basis to further establish and foster continuous positive and mutually beneficial relationships
- Participate in one-on-one meetings with partners to explain services and guide choices
- Understand the problems and challenges of partners and identify ways the business could better address those needs
- Grow the business by identifying new sales and business development opportunities within the scope of the relationship
- Monitor and assess the activities of our competitors to proactively understand the competitive landscape
- Provide excellent service to maintain a positive reputation for the business
- Resolve any strategic partner complaints promptly and professionally
- Develop and execute a strategy to meet revenue targets
- Excellent written and verbal English and Japanese language skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management, bio science, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a sales or customer service role
- Experience promoting and evangelizing customer and market benefits in a commercial environment
- Outgoing and customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to build, foster, and maintain positive professional relationships
- Devotion to high-quality customer service
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Keen analytical and research abilities
- Knowledge of relationship management best practices
- Experience working in Japanese eCommerce environment is preferred
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the business and related services
- Ability to travel domestically and Internationally as needed, up to approximately 20% of the time and ongoing, higher in the first six months to ramp up the initial support
- Expertise in microbiome, wellness, and nutrition industry preferred
- Start up experience preferred
Viome is 140+ person start-up offering a successful commercial product that has generated high demand. With offices in California, New Mexico, New York and Washington, we are looking to hire team members capable of working in dynamic environments, who have a positive attitude and enjoy collaboration. If you have the skills and are excited about Viome's mission, we'd love to hear from you.