Vighter is pleased to announce a career opportunity to give back to America’s heroes and help them receive their well-deserved Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits. The VA is experiencing substantial increases in their annual claims receipts. Vighter assists the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in providing quality compensation and pension examinations to Veterans seeking benefits for service-connected health issues. Clinical findings from the examinations are delivered to the Government to facilitate timely disability award determinations.
Reports to: Project Manager
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) and/or Neurology, Neurologist, Neurosurgeon, or Psychiatrist may complete these exams.
- Must meet all prerequisite requirements to board certification as set out by the certifying agency or “board” in the state they will be working
- Psychiatrist MUST have at least 2 years of TBI and/or head injury related experience of some kind
- Current, unrestricted State Licensure
- Conduct one-time, non-treatment Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) assessments in addition to full medical evaluation, related to compensation and pension examinations for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Review of the Veteran's medical history
- Most common reasons Veterans are seen include motor vehicle accidents, sports injuries and, for very few, combat exposure
- Diagnostic testing may include Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) testing if clinically indicated and neuropsychological testing (will be referred to a neuropsychologist).
- Interact positively with Veterans
- Complete Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) electronically
- No treatment is determined. No follow-up is performed. Assessments only.
- Submit timely electronic records within 24 hours after completion of the exam
- Previous VA or compensation assessment experience is a plus, but not required.
- Comfortable learning new technology and submitting examination documentation online
- Proficient in the use of the computer and web-based programs
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a 5-panel urine drug screen
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and or any other characteristic protected by law.