The Compliance Assistant plays an integral role in VetSource’s regulatory compliance program and works directly with the Regulatory Compliance Supervisor to assist with maintenance of pharmacy regulatory documentation, site & practitioner licenses, and other key documents. The Compliance Assistant independently manages the pharmacy end of day reporting and reconciliation of controlled substance orders and performs regular reviews of rules and regulations. The Compliance Assistant provides assigned regulatory research support to the Regulatory Compliance Supervisor and Pharmacist in Charge and also collaborates with the Regulatory Compliance Supervisor on regulatory projects. The ideal candidate for this position is adaptable, detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage the pharmacy end of day reporting and reconciliation of controlled substance orders
- Perform regular reviews of pharmacy and wholesale rules and regulations
- Assist with the re-verification of veterinarian licensure during annual licensure reviews
- Assist with the completion of site license renewals
- Assist with the completion of regulatory training documents
- Assist in maintaining the pharmacy staff roster, including communication with licensed personnel regarding license renewals and updates
- Assist the Regulatory Compliance Supervisor with safety projects
- Post updated licenses and update applicable regulatory documentation
- Assist the Regulatory Compliance Supervisor with internal audits of regulatory processes, paperwork, and licensing
- Assist in the preparation for Board of Pharmacy inspections, accreditation renewals, and manufacturer audits
- Review quarterly Board of Pharmacy rules/regulations for all states and document updates
- Assist new Pharmacy Technicians with pharmacy program troubleshooting (ePost) and Pharmacy Technician University enrollment
- Manage accurate and timely Prescription Drug Monitoring Program submissions
- Update and maintain Safety Data Sheets for facilities
- Other projects as assigned
Organizational Responsibility Statement:
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model VetSource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way you want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Must be licensed and in good-standing as a Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Oregon Board of Pharmacy
- Must maintain excellent adherence to policies and procedures and demonstrate precision and good judgment at all times with respect to daily functions
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Integrity – Maintaining a high level of confidentiality is integral to the position to protect operations
- Capacity to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Capacity to start and stop projects seamlessly, despite frequent interruptions, while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communication information in a clear, calm, and concise manner
- Must have commitment to following-up and following-through on all action items
- Must have excellent attendance and a strong work ethic
- Must have the ability to sit and work at a computer workstation for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work a schedule that allows for end of day reporting to be completed
- Minimum one (1) year as pharmacy technician
- Oregon Certified Pharmacy Technician license
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a pharmacy or wholesale operation
- Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Pharmacy, wholesale, and business licensing knowledge
- Previous experience interpreting pharmacy rules and regulations
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience
- ASW, ePost, and VBOSS experience
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.