The Veterinary Call Center Representative is responsible for answering questions and providing accurate information regarding our nutrition products to retail clients. In addition to general customer service duties, the Veterinary Call Center Representative position is responsible for helping the consumer understand Web operations in order to streamline reorder needs, etc. The individual will need to be proficient with how to triage and escalate calls. They will also resolve customer billing or shipment issues while participating in special projects as needed.
- Provide first level information and order entry accurately
- Update customer records with pertinent information pets, nutrition orders, address and critical shipping information
- Provide problem resolution on billing or shipment issues
- Troubleshoot basic web order issues and clarify process for easy web reorders and auto-shipment
- Present unresolved issues to next level of contact
- Work with management and related departments to resolve order status, shipping dates, prices, product availability and back orders
- Communicate with customer verbally and electronically
- Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to communicate and partner with other departments in order to identify and assist in the development of enhanced processes and procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail
- Must be team-oriented and work well with others
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to effectively diffuse and resolve customer complaints
- Experienced using email, instant message, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Good computer skills are required; including the ability to learn how to navigate unfamiliar systems or programs quickly
- Ability to use multiple computer programs at once
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry in a fast-paced environment
- Work well both individually and in teams
- Build and maintain positive customer relations
- Responsible for proper telephone and email etiquette
- Ability to receive constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Minimum 1-year Customer Service experience
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required
- Veterinary experience a plus
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Call center environment
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Environment where dogs are present
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
VetSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.