The Customer Service Manager is responsible for planning, managing and directing the activities of the Pet Owner Care Team Call Center. The Manager monitors, delivers, and maintains a high-standard level of service to all external and internal customers. High-standard service activities include: customer inquiries, complaints, appeals, policies and procedures, and compliance with State and Federal regulations. The POCT Manager is passionate about coaching and developing people, building relationships, and creating an exceptional customer experience.
- Engage employees by building trusting relationships and creating a fun working atmosphere based on Vetsource core values.
- Oversight of all activities for the POCT: assist and manage employee hiring, disciplinary action, and terminations as necessary in cooperation with Human Resources and Director of Customer Support.
- Train, coach, and mentor POCT supervisors in setting goals and benchmarks, employee development, communication, and leadership growth.
- Utilize call center reporting, trending, and on-going analysis in supporting POCT goals and organizational expectations.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures related to the team’s activities. Complete annual reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure continued relevancy.
- Facilitate regular meetings with POCT staff, including both individual as well as team meetings.
- Collaborate with the training department to guide development and implementation of agent training programs and ongoing/refresher training programs.
- Manage team competencies and activities to optimize and sustain customer satisfaction, performance, profitability, and cost controls.
- Participate as a member of the Vetsource management team.
- Work with other Vetsource departments to address and promptly resolve customer problems.
- Reconcile call center data, prepare and deliver team and individual agent performance progress reports to Director of Customer Support.
- Manage day-to-day decision making related to discretionary budgetary items. Report budget concerns to the Director of Customer Support.
- Create career development opportunities for staff to foster professional growth and bolster retention.
- Accomplish Call Center staffing objectives by selecting, coaching, training, counseling, and disciplining employees if necessary.
- Perform any reasonable work requested that falls within the qualification but not specifically described as determined by the Director of Customer Support, VP of Operations, or Company Executives.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Direct Reports: Pet Owner Care Team supervisors
Indirect Reports: Pet Owner Care team leads and representatives
- Oversight of all activities for the Pet Owner Care team, including coaching, mentoring, motivating and retaining staff.
- Meet regularly with staff.
- Provide staff with feedback regarding performance metrics to include professional development, corrective action, and progressive discipline.
- Ability to work as necessary until quotas are met, or team guidance is accomplished.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Have a genuine passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively diffuse and resolve customer complaints.
- Be innovative and embrace change.
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Demonstrate de-escalation skills.
- Exhibit a willingness to consistently take on new challenges.
- Must be able to make sound judgement decisions and know when to ask their manager for assistance.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to recognize and offer solutions for department efficiencies.
- Facilitate process improvement projects with the team based on sound data analysis.
- Proven ability to lead teams towards organizational goals with successful outcomes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and objectively communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to partner with other team managers to identify and assist in enhancing departmental processes and procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail.
- Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent computer skills are required; experience using email, instant message, Google suite, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, as well as the ability to learn how to navigate unfamiliar systems or programs quickly.
- Ability to use multiple computer programs at once.
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry in a fast-paced environment.
- Five to seven years of customer service experience
- One to three years of management experience, preferably in a call center setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent job-related experience.
- Veterinary experience
- Pharmacy experience
- Environment where dogs are present.
- Working at a computer for long periods of time
- Ambient noise – moderate
- Call center environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.