The Shipping and Receiving Associate is reliable, reports on time to every shift, strives to work safely, accurately, efficiently; with a willingness to learn and to readily accept change. The workload entails both the receipt of salable goods and supplies; processing both wholesale and nutrition sales orders via pulling, packing and shipping.
- Sorts, unpacks, receives, checks, and stores materials accurately on a daily basis. Products may include pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, veterinary supplies, and pet nutrition products
- Works with hand held scanning devices for receiving, storing and filling orders
- Pulls product accurately with close attention to detail, whether pulling from a printed pick ticket or via an RF gun; double checks accuracy of product, unit, quantity, lot number, either of their own work or another staff member
- Packages/prepares orders for shipment with care and clearly labeled
- Ensures shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution are performed in an efficient, accurate and safe manner
- Participates in all company inventories; currently on a Saturday once per year
- Ensures the safety, cleanliness and security of the warehouse work environment
- Safely utilizes hand truck, box taper, conveyor, and other handling equipment
- Safely operate a forklift on an as needed basis (only if certified)
- Assists in the recycling and garbage cycles throughout wholesale warehouse
- Make boxes as needed
- All other tasks as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Able to lift and shelve materials weighing over 50 pounds
- Some keyboarding and computer skills needed; preferably Word, Excel, Shipping/Receiving Software
- Excels at performing repetitive tasks accurately for long periods of time
- Team oriented; communicates and works well with others
- Capacity to start and stop projects seamlessly, despite frequent interruptions, while maintaining attention to detail
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, is accountable, and committed to continuous quality improvement
- 1-3 years of related work experience preferred
- Proficiency with computers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work standing on pressurized concrete for long periods of time
- Able to lift and shelve materials weighing over 50 pounds regularly
What We Offer:
- Huge company vision and rapid growth opportunities, and teams made of smart, ambitious, and fun colleagues
- Competitive salary and full benefit packages including PTO, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401K
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.