The Director of Inside Sales manages the Inside Sales team including Practice Success and Onboarding to ensure the team is fully staffed, trained, coached and equipped to provide outstanding sales and ongoing support to thousands of veterinary hospitals across the country. The Director of Inside Sales is also the liaison between the Practice Success Team and other parties including internal departments, Leadership Team, Corporate Accounts and Strategic Partners to ensure the Practice Success Team is informed and optimally functioning to assist in meeting the overall business goals of the company.
- Owning the personnel processes for the nation team. This includes facilitating the hiring, on-boarding, scheduling, training, and coaching all Managers and Team members.
- Collaborate with other departments to design and implement short and long term sales strategies for enhancing company’s growth.
- Ensure effective prospecting, up/cross selling, and pipeline development.
- Allocate resources for the achievement of given quota.
- Develop effective benchmarks for optimum team performance.
- Meeting regularly with Sales Managers to discuss challenges and successes individually as well as for their teams and delegate any new projects.
- Participation in new business initiatives to provide team perspective in preparation for implementation.
- Providing second tier call escalation support.
- May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction
- Responsible for ensuring department training materials are adequate and kept up to date
- Demonstrated ability to drive, motivate and positively encourage Sales Managers and Team Members.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all aspects of Vetsource affecting the Practice Success Team.
- Ability to effectively communicate Vetsource’s value proposition as well as the role of the Practice Success Team. Work closely with the entire team to provide quality service to customers in as timely a manner as possible.
- Facilitate regular Team meetings to build Team cohesion via updates and problem solving.
- Establish and monitor monthly and quarterly Sales Manager and Team pipeline, enrollment and revenue goals.
- Define, implement, and revise sales process for continued revenue growth.
- Inspire and foster a high-performing sales culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversight of all activities for the Practice Success Team, as well as the personnel activities of hiring and conducting coaching conversations, including review of performance and goal setting for next quarter.
- Meets regularly with managers and staff.
- Provide managers and staff with feedback regarding performance metrics to include corrective action if necessary.
- Responsible for coaching, training, mentoring and motivating managers and staff.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Exhibit a willingness to consistently take on new challenges
- Proven ability to follow through
- Must be able to make sound judgement decisions and know when to ask their manager for assistance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization internally, as well as communicating with external representatives such as Key Account Managers, Distribution Representatives and clients.
- Technically savvy; knowledge of CRM tools, proficiency in MS office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other productivity applications.
- Ability to work independently; ability to organize data; strong analytical skills required with a great attention to detail.
- Facilitate process improvement projects with the Team based on sound data analysis.
- Proven ability to lead teams toward organizational goals with successful outcomes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner.
- Demonstrate sound de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail.
- Must be team-oriented and work well with others.
- Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn and grow personally.
- Able to provide and receive constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills are required; experience using email, instant message, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint as well as the ability to learn how to navigate unfamiliar systems or programs quickly.
- Minimum 12 years of Sales or Customer Service experience with progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent job related experience.
- Understanding of the veterinary pharmaceutical market and experience in a veterinary practice or other healthcare or scientific industry is ideal
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required
- Environment where dogs are present
- Normal office environment with extensive phone and computer use
- Occasional travel may be required (up to 10%)
What We Offer:
- Huge company vision and rapid growth opportunities, and teams made of smart, ambitious, and fun colleagues
- Dog friendly office, sit-to-stand desks, and free gourmet coffee machine and Avanti market on site
- New modern design office located close to restaurants, shopping, and public transportation
- Competitive salary and full benefit packages including PTO, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401K
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.