The IT Practice Support Technician is responsible for providing exemplary support for Vetsource customers in all areas of the business. This position will be support and address escalated service requests which may have initially been fielded by sales or call center teams.
- Responsible for managing and responding to Practice related service requests
- Provide first response and ultimate resolution of Practice related service requests within an agreed upon service level agreement
- Receive and respond to inbound Practice service requests, telephone calls, and service related emails
- Initiate outbound communications to Practice personnel requesting support
- Contribute and maintain documentation related to support processes and procedures
- Coordinate internal and external resources required to aid in the resolution of outstanding service requests
- Design and document both technical and process improvement resolutions related to data integration issues
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Have a genuine passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively diffuse and resolve customer complaints.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner.
- Exhibit a willingness to consistently take on new challenges
- Proven ability to follow through with multiple projects
- Must be able to make sound judgement decisions and know when to ask their manager for assistance.
- Must be innovative, embrace change, and have the ability to improve department efficiencies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently.
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge of pc’s and desktop hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Self- confidence and analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Experience with service desk support models
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Associates Degree in computer science, computer information systems or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience performing help desk/operations functions
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a service desk environment
- Ability to maintain knowledge of current technology and able to learn new technology.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of personal computers, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), the Internet browser, websites and e-mail systems.
- Experience with JIRA service requests
- Remote software support
- Working at a computer for long periods of time
- Tolerance for an environment where dogs may be present (office areas only)
- Noise level is quite
What We Offer:
- Huge company vision and rapid growth opportunities, and teams made of smart, ambitious, and fun colleagues
- Dog friendly office, sit-to-stand desks, and free gourmet coffee machine
- Competitive salary and full benefit packages including PTO, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401K
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.