We are looking for an experienced Technical Program manager who knows how to drive technical projects to completion while being responsible for managing an initiative to build and document a public API to be used by external and internal partners.
You are someone who cares deeply about pets and ensuring they are healthy and happy. At Vetsource, we create a great relationship between veterinarians and their clients by enabling pet parents to get important medications and foods delivered directly to their homes.
We’re looking for people with a background and interest in building successful products or systems, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have amazing attention to detail, and comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Drive functional and technical delivery of key team and partner initiatives
- Build and maintain public API documentation consumed by internal and external customers.
- Guide partner technical teams in implementation of existing and new APIs
- Drive cross-functional collaboration around technical implementation
- Manage integrations with major Vetsource business partners.
- Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including partnership teams
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Have a strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with highly technical management teams
- Have knowledge of building APIs and developer facing products
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience sizing and estimating software projects
- Proven ability to follow through with projects and meet commitments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner in both written and non-written forms
- Solid technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner technology landscape, identify opportunities, and overcome technical obstacles.
- Ability to interact and work with all levels of the organization
- Genuine passion for and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently and creatively solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills, driving issues to resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in software development or related field combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments in technology-driven, growing companies.
- 2+ years of experience as a developer
- 2+ years of experience leading projects
- Environment where dogs are present
- Normally quiet to moderate noise level
- Working at a computer for long periods of time
What We Offer:
- Huge company vision and rapid growth opportunities, and teams made of smart, ambitious, and fun colleagues
- Dog friendly office, sit-to-stand desks, and free gourmet coffee machine
- Competitive salary and full benefit packages including PTO, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401K
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.