The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for growing the number of Vetsource Partner Practices across all platforms. Team members need to have a comprehensive knowledge of all Vetsource offerings and be able to effectively communicate the Vetsource value proposition in a variety of settings. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. Our Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for direct-selling industry leading veterinarian solutions targeting veterinary practices. Excellent telephone sales and communications skills are critical to success in this role. Your telephone-based revenue generation will be achieved by capitalizing on the sales leads generated by our marketing campaigns and distribution sales representatives and by initiating prospect calls with existing and potential customers.
Veterinary hospital prospecting to generate new business which includes:
- Maintaining a presence in the phone queue to assist incoming callers
- Place outbound calls to introduce Vetsource as a business solution
- Attend trade shows, if needed
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products and services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Foster and maintain close relationships with distributor partners and outside sales force to facilitate seamless sales processes
- Respond to and report back to Outside Sales Rep within 24-48 hours of incoming leads
- Know the representatives for each distributor partner that work in your territory
- Stay updated on any current promotions offered through our partners
- Understand and professionally utilize the escalation chain, if needed, to obtain results
- Maintain intimate knowledge of all Vetsource solutions and be able to effectively communicate their value proposition both verbally and in writing
- Conduct live and web-based demonstrations of Vetsource solutions
- Cultivate positive customer relationships with every interaction, both internal and external.
- Maintain customer database with accurate and up to date profile information, pertinent notes, and opportunity tracking
- Discuss and address competitive activity - bringing concerns to the attention of the manager and marketing team
- Forecast and track personal sales
- Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
- Have a genuine passion for educating and connecting with others in a sales environment.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close a sale.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Exhibit a willingness to consistently take on new challenges
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail.
- Must be team-oriented and work well with others.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills are required; experience using email, instant message, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, as well as the ability to learn how to navigate unfamiliar systems or programs quickly; ability to use multiple programs at once
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to make sound judgement decisions and know when to ask for assistance
- Ability to receive constructive criticism in a professional manner
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or related work experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Minimum 1 year sales experience
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Environment where dogs may be present
- Sitting and working at a computer for long periods of time
- Call center environment
- Ambient noise – moderate
- Occasional travel may be required (up to 5%)
What We Offer:
- Huge company vision and rapid growth opportunities, and teams made of smart, ambitious, and fun colleagues
- Dog friendly office, sit-to-stand desks, and free gourmet coffee machine and Avanti market on site
- New modern design office located close to restaurants, shopping, and public transportation
- Competitive salary and full benefit packages including PTO, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401K
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.