Full Time Veterinarian needed for Black Mountain Road Pet Clinic, a 2-doctor small animal practice in San Diego, CA. Work weeks averaging 35-40 hours are to be expected.
Are you looking for a practice where you will be recognized for your contributions and excel at high quality care? Then look no more, we are looking for a full-time veterinarian at Black Mountain Road Pet Clinic. You will have well trained team members who will allow you to be a doctor and make a difference in the lives of pets and people.
The purpose of this position is to maintain animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries. The Associate Veterinarian is to make every effort to help improve the quality of care given to the patients of the practice. The Associate Veterinarian provides continuing or individual assignments to the healthcare team indicating generally what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures. The Associate Veterinarian uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instructions, but refers deviations, problems, and unfamiliar situations not covered by instructions to the owner for decision or help.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with our clients and their pets
- Provide patients with a high level of patient care
- Have an interest in dentistry and strong oral surgery skills preferred
- Possess a broad knowledge of preventive and sick veterinary medicine
- Use good judgement in patient assessment, diagnostics and therapeutics planning with ability to identify and communicate this knowledge to team members and clients.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Enjoy working individually and as a team with a great work ethic
- Have strong people skills, focused on quality of care and excels at assuring client satisfaction
- Excel at communication skills
- Have a commitment to excellent client service
- Possess strong organizational skills
- License and eligibility to practice in California
- At least 5 years of experience preferred
- General medicine, surgery, and dental experience required
- AVImark software experience is preferred
- Weekends, holidays and evenings will be required
As an employer of choice, we will provide you:
- Signing Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- ProSal Method of Compensation
- Medical Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays Off
- Uniform Reimbursement
- Veterinary Services at a Reduced Rate
Our practice is a 2-doctor small animal practice that specializes in providing high quality, compassionate and convenient care for our patients. Our employees enjoy working here because we recognize the importance of the relationships between humans and animals, and we see our clients and patients as extended family.
You can find us on the web at www.vetsandiego.com. If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 720-204-5455. A background check/drug screen will be required of the successful candidate. We are a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.