Job description - Product Manager
Have you ever wanted to solve the world’s problems? Ok...maybe more like solve complex product issues and deliver valuable solutions? We are looking for an amazing Product Owner / Manager to join our team! Our product manager plays the lead role in our Agile product teams, is the visionary for the product and the individual who fully represents the consumer - our biggest stakeholder. The product manager is responsible for a defined set of digital products and mobile features across a variety of brands, from ideation and build, through to launch and life cycle management.
The role is responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by a scrum development team. The role will be measured through key performance indicators (audience growth, conversion, engagement, etc.) and the delivery of key product features on time and on budget.
1. Product Vision and Planning
- Develop and champion the product vision throughout the scrum team and across the organization
- Overall responsibility for the digital consumer product and/or platform
- Communicate, quantify, and identify business value, and make prioritizations based on value
- Lead the planning process and work with stakeholders in developing product roadmaps to ensure objectives and targets are met
- Responsible for developing and implementing new products/services/features with the objective of creating compelling consumer experiences and value
- Understanding the market, trends and user needs and adjust accordingly
2. Product Management
- Lead life cycle management for existing products/services; identify and recommend product improvements, new features to deliver value
- Coordinate and work closely with the product development team and other cross-functional teams like sales, revenue operations, marketing, customer support, and IT operations to meet product deliverables
- Ensure the product backlogs are prioritized and maintained so that each successive Sprint can be planned clearly and efficiently
- Actively engage with the Scrum team to ensure development decisions stay aligned with business needs, and address issues quickly and confidently
- Ongoing monitoring of product performance using analytics, A/B testing, user feedback, competitive information and market research
- Galvanize stakeholder groups around the product vision
- Coach, develop and motivate customer-centric team to meet and exceed objectives
- 5+ years of experience in digital product management (Web + Mobile).
- University degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent business experience.
- Proven track record of successful products launch and management.
- Experience leading teams in an agile scrum environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Solid business and analytical acumen (loves the data and numbers stuff)
- Solid Change Management and communication skills.
- Strong sense of UI/UX for web & mobile
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to manage diversity with high levels of integrity and trust.
- Passionate, innovative and have the ability to inspire others
- Proactive, entrepreneurial.
- Team spirit and team commitment.
- Ability in managing multiple complex projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team, environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated and ad hoc projects to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
VerticalScope Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other protected ground or social area according to Human Rights laws in Canada.
If you require disability related accommodation during the application, recruitment and interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to make all possible adjustments to suit your needs.
Though we are only able to respond to applicants that are being considered for an actively open position, we sincerely thank all applicants who are interested in working with us and are glad to hear from you.