While other social platforms focus on connecting family and friends, our users are brought together by the products and passions that inspire them. Our communities are a place to read reviews, ask questions and get answers, from engaged subject-matter experts and enthusiasts. With flexible hours, an incredible workspace, and all the amenities you’d expect of a high-tech office, the best part of VerticalScope is undoubtedly the people.
Why We Need You
We’re embarking on a journey to change the classical forum experience and bring it into the modern era. As a QA Automation Engineer at VerticalScope you will be helping automate all aspects of our testing, including but not limited to our acceptance tests, functional tests, performance testing (load testing and lighthouse based performance testing) ensuring that the software we build can be continually deployed with confidence.
How you’ll contribute
- You’ll use use test automation software to build reliable and modular test cases as necessary and ensure we delivering correct working software to users.
- You’ll use your experience in testing to help the engineers build more testable code that makes your life easier.
- You understand the importance of source control and ensure your tests are version controlled.
- Participating in peer-code reviews ensuring the team is continuously producing quality testable code.
- Work in an agile environment with a tight nit focused product oriented team where you’ll participate in all aspects of the product life cycle, from ideation, to sprint planning, to deployment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have no problem explaining or walking other people through complex technical problems.
- You are open minded and consider other people's thoughts and opinions carefully
- You have an constant desire to learn and improve yourself
- You’re a quick learner and are capable of solving any technical challenge with the tools at hand. Our software is primarily written in Go and PHP, while we don’t require you to have experience with the languages we do expect you’re capable of picking up a new languages fairly quickly.
- You have extensive experience in one or more test automation frameworks (Selenium, puppeteer, etc)
- You have a deep understanding of how the web and the various protocols and components that are commonly in use today work. (CDNs, Caching, TLS, ServiceWorkers, HTTP/2)
Some of the technologies in use
- GCP, Kubernetes(GKE), MySQL, Kafka, Redis,
- BigQuery, Spark, AutoML, Tensorflow, CoreNLP