We're looking for a phenomenal Account Manager to support our sales efforts and help us provide outstanding service to our clients. You will be responsible for (a) working closely with the salesperson to take ownership of our clients and their ad campaigns to ensure success, (b) working with the client to gather all necessary assets, (c) working with ad operations to ensure that campaigns are input correctly and on time, (d) working with the salesperson and ad operations to optimize campaigns to ensure success, (e) developing campaign tracking and analysis, (f) working with finance to ensure campaigns are billed correctly. You will rapidly acquire a thorough understanding of VerticalScope’s digital advertising offerings, systems, processes and departments. You will be responsible for ensuring the success of millions of dollars in revenue and will gain valuable experience that will position you for future success in ad operations or sales. Our ideal candidate has a passion for customer service, digital media and social media.
Essential Job Functions
· Partnering with the salesperson to launch and manage the lifecycle of campaigns.
· Providing timely responses, thorough work, and proactive thinking.
· Meeting client goals and contracts. Changing and augmenting campaigns to meet contractual commitments
· Completing specs and requirements sections of proposals, including in Prisma as needed.
· Working with clients to gather advertising assets.
· Managing account performance.
· Managing custom content campaign elements
· Coordinate with Marketing for social media campaign elements and newsletters
· Liaise with Legal for contract review and administration, providing input from a business perspective
· Monitor and manage affiliate ad components in main ad campaign
· Modifying campaigns to improve performance.
· QA and Troubleshoot all campaigns as they go live and when errors arise
· Track performance in clients’ third-party ad servers and first party ad servers
· Accompany sales executives to client meetings if needed to assist with new program proposals and maintain existing relationships
· Monitoring and providing regular internal campaign status reports.
· Providing contracts and data to finance and ensure the correct information is used for invoicing.
· Assisting Ad Operations as needed.
Non-essential Job Functions
· Back fill duties performed by other team members when they are on vacation leave or sick
· Help out with pre-sales reporting for sales reps in cases of potential customers with short deadline/urgent need for data
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Previous experience in online ad campaign management a must, preferably at a digital publisher or media agency
· Bachelor’s Degree and a solid academic record from an accredited university
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience with other online ad media and sales tools such as Salesforce.com, DFP, DFA, Mediavisor, comScore, etc
· Experience with DSP’s, SSP’s, DMP’s, and Salesforce.com a HUGE asset.
· Superior attention to detail
· Excellent organizational skills
· Customer service mentality
· Outstanding business communication, writing, phone skills. Articulate and tactful.
· Able to work within a team environment and cross-functionally, yet autonomously
· Honesty, integrity
· Intellectually curious, enthusiastic, cooperative
· Flexible and adaptable
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated and ad hoc projects to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
VerticalScope Inc. is the world’s largest forum social media publisher. Our unique combination of over 1,200 wholly-owned editorial sites and community websites attracts more than 100 million monthly visitors to discuss and engage with topics they are passionate about.
VerticalScope Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other protected ground or social area according to Human Rights laws in Canada.
If you require disability related accommodation during the application, recruitment and interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to make all possible adjustments to suit your needs.
Though we are only able to respond to applicants that are being considered for an actively open position, we sincerely thank all applicants who are interested in working with us and are glad to hear from you.