Social Content Writer (Auto & Powersports)
We are seeking a creative, career minded individual to join VerticalScope as a Social Content Writer. This position, reporting into the Team Lead of Content Integration, is responsible for the creation of unique, vibrant content on the VerticalScope community sites and forums. Knowledge and passion in Automotive and Powersports are a must. We are looking for someone who is interested in being social with other enthusiasts in an online setting, can write fluently, and is able to multi-task with ease.
Essential Job Functions
• Research the subject matter of the site, such as a new car, and post relevant content on the communities using automotive jargon. An example would be understanding the performance, specifications, and special features of a new vehicle and discussing that performance versus other similar vehicles
• Using multiple unique identities on a pre-defined list of communities, create unique SEO-friendly content and engage in relevant community discussion
• Generate hundreds of posts a week and thread conversations per week
• Interact in a positive manner with guests that join the forums and encourage them to participate in discussions
• Identify and notify management when a new vehicle may be speculated, so new communities can be created
• Report on a weekly basis to management on their posting progress for the week
• Work closely with team members in Community Management and identify site issues, potential moderator candidates, potential vendors and any other unusual community behavior
• Work hours may vary based on product launches of subject matter (vehicle launch at 8pm) and includes weekend shifts with weekdays off.
• Track all activity using internal data tools provided
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge in subject matter areas (mainly automotive; motorcycles, ATV) is a requirement
• Ability to communicate in automotive jargon is a requirement.
• Clear written language skills. Must be fluent in English and have great English grammar, spelling, punctuation and writing skills.
• Previous writing experience on Automotive blogs or similar communities is an asset.
• Time management skills must be top notch, to deliver the post counts expected
• Knowledge of forum software, such as XenForo, Vbulletin an asset