Software Engineer, Machine Learning
While other social platforms focus on connecting family and friends, our users are brought together by the products and passions that inspire them. Our communities are a place to read reviews, ask questions and get answers, from engaged subject-matter experts and enthusiasts. With flexible hours, an incredible work space, and all the amenities you’d expect of a high-tech office, the best part of VerticalScope is undoubtedly the people.
Why We Need You
We’re embarking on a journey to change the classical online forum experience and bring it into the modern era. As a Software Engineer in Machine Learning at VerticalScope you will be helping apply common machine learning techniques for things like recommendations to more advanced NLP concepts all the way to helping research cutting edge deep learning techniques that will power great new features for our platform. You’ll be growing and learning with your fellow team mates in addition to collaborating closely with the other teams in tight nit focused product centric groups as we strive to build excellent software that delights our users.
How you’ll contribute
● Make use of machine learning, NLP, and deep learning methods on large structured and unstructured data sets.
● Make use of your machine learning fundamentals to prototype, evaluate and execute new algorithms and eventually productionize solutions at scale
● Collaborate with your fellow engineers on building ways to collect the data you need to train your models.
● Help architect and develop data pipelines to massage the data into the forms you need in ways that support our scale.
● Participating in peer-code reviews ensuring the team is continuously producing top quality code.
● Work in an agile environment with a tight nit focused product oriented team where you’ll participate in all aspects of the product life cycle, from ideation, to sprint planning, to deployment.
● You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have no problem explaining or walking other people through complex technical problems.
● You are open minded and consider other people's thoughts and opinions carefully
● You’re comfortable owning your own code throughout its entire life cycle and willing to be on call for production issues.
● You have a constant desire to learn and improve yourself
● You’re a quick learner and are capable of solving any technical challenge with the tools at hand. Our software is primarily written in Go, PHP and Python.
● You keep up to date on the latest happenings in the industry and you’ve been a part of building production ready ML models for at least 2 years.
Some of the technologies in use
● GCP, Kubernetes(GKE), MySQL, Kafka, Redis, BigTable
● BigQuery, Spark, Dataflow, AutoML, Tensorflow, CoreNLP