SENIOR DATA ANALYST
Over 100 million people and thousands of companies already visit our growing platform. They create hundreds-of-thousands of new discussions in over 1600 vibrant communities, which are viewed over a half-a-billion times per month! Check us out on verticalscope.com
By joining our data team, you would make a direct contribution to the growth and efficiency of our sites and the company in general. This is an exciting role where you are exposed to all company data. The predictions you build and the visualization you create are used by many internal stakeholders to make important decisions. You will work at the intersection of Business Intelligence, Data Science, Data Warehousing and are expected to know aspects of all areas of data handling.
- Support the design, development and maintenance of our data warehouse solution
- Writing, monitoring and scheduling Python scripts to populate our Google BigQuery databases
- Setting up automated alerts in Slack and guaranteeing data quality and availability
- Work closely with internal teams to organize user and client data into databases that can be analyzed and turned into web-based and static reports and dashboards for salespeople, clients and executives
- Create product level performance reports for clients and sales to support our value proposition
- Forecast and analyze revenue and cost data
- Provide analytical support to sales on an ad hoc basis
- Interest in user research, statistical analysis and in depth data mining to help drive more compelling insights, as well as to serve as a foundation for the next generation of our ad products
- Python Scripting experience is a must (pandas pro, scipy, statsmodels). Knowledge of Jupyter.
- Statistics experience and knowledge of data structures
- SQL (BigQuery - we use this every day all the time but occasionally also MySQL and PostGres)
- Experience with APIs (including Google APIs) and scraping libraries in Python
- Experience with visualisation platforms, Google DataStudio preferred
- Very good attention to detail is a must
- High level of trust as you will be working with highly sensitive financial information.
Additional skills an asset:
- Keen to manage a financial data analyst
- Knowledge of affiliate monetisation, programmatic and advertising models
- Google Analytics and general knowledge with web and forum data is a great advantage