VerticalScope is looking for a (6 month Contract) DevOps Engineer, RFD to join our team.
RedFlagDeals.com is the leading provider of online promotions and shopping tools to Canadians. We publish thousands of deals and coupons across more than 70 categories. The company has full-time staff dedicated to finding deals, coupons and freebies. RedFlagDeals.com has 5 million visitors every month and there are more than 1.1 million registered users in our community.
Our development team is responsible for maintaining and building new features for our websites, mobile applications and supporting infrastructure, which house our comprehensive database of deals and coupons, as well as our community forums.
* In this unique role you will have opportunity to maintain and manage cloud deployments, as well as build server infrastructure as code for one of Canada’s most popular websites: RedFlagDeals.com.
* You will take the lead in managing our cloud-based Amazon Web Services infrastructure consisting of over 150 application servers, database servers, load balancers and content servers.
* You will participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to handle server emergencies that threaten the stability or operation of the site.
* You will troubleshoot and debug for production servers, liaise with support on other teams, and identify corrective action to resolve live issues.
* You will maintain our production and staging deployments, setting up server monitoring, automated deployment and continuous integration (CI).
* You will design scalable web services for a PHP7 Symfony 2.8 application that is built to handle millions of requests per hour.
* You will research and develop methods to optimize computation, databases, and the network for better application performance.
Why join us?
RedFlagDeals.com is a Top 100 Canadian site in terms of traffic, and is a landmark in the Canadian shopping landscape. Millions of Canadians look to us for tips, news and discussion about online and in-store deals across the country.
We are a small but highly agile and capable team of developers and quality assurance analysts with a great deal of autonomy regarding what and how we develop new features and maintain the site.
We have embraced the latest dev-ops best practices, including immutable AWS infrastructure using Packer, server provisioning using Ansible, and the ability to define server infrastructure configurations as code via Terraform.
Our office is located downtown Toronto, providing an urban workplace with easy access to transit, close to Union Station and several streetcar and bus lines.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
* 3-5 years working with Linux servers.
* 1-2 years working with server provisioning systems (ex. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform).
* Experience working with Amazon Web Services deployments.
* Strong knowledge of SQL.
Additional skills and knowledge that would be an asset
* Specific experience with our tech stack (Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault).
* Experience with security management and DevSecOps.
* Knowledge of object-oriented languages such as PHP, Python or Ruby.
* The Agile process.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated and ad hoc projects to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
VerticalScope Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other protected ground or social area according to Human Rights laws in Canada.
If you require disability related accommodation during the application, recruitment and interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to make all possible adjustments to suit your needs.
Though we are only able to respond to applicants that are being considered for an actively open position, we sincerely thank all applicants who are interested in working with us and are glad to hear from you.