Full Stack Developer
VerticalScope owns and operates hundreds of online web communities, where users can discuss their passions and share with others on the subjects they love.
We focus on building a fast, amazing community experience for our end users and our customers.
To maintain and enhance RateMDs.com, contributing to a great user experience and continued growth of the site.
- Develop and refine site features in Python, Django, React, Angular, and other modern languages and frameworks
- Develop new pages and features for AMP
- Optimize SEO for improving website visibility and traffic
- Integrate and manage 3rd party APIs in a fail-safe manner including Stripe, Salesforce, Chartmogul, SendGrid and others
- Maintain and continuously improve reliability and efficiency of code
- Implement new features that help grow RateMDs
- Conduct research and technical feasibility reports relating to potential new features
- Work closely with the Product Manager to translate product direction into technical requirements
- Receive bug reports from QA, Sales, and Support team, diagnose and resolve them.
- Train Sales and Support staff on technical aspects of Administration panel and other web tools as needed
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate developers
- Ensure development environment and development practices are up-to-date and conducive to rapid iteration
- Generate reports and provide analytics to the sales team
- 2+ years professional programming experience
- Extensive experience programming for the web
- Ability to build scalable, maintainable web applications and services
- Experience with databases and indexing (e.g. PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Experience working with cloud platforms: GCP/AWS
- Experience working with in-memory data stores like Memcached/Redis
Assets (not required)
- Knowledge of Web Frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Pyramid, Express, Rails, Sinatra)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated and ad hoc projects to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
VerticalScope Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other protected ground or social area according to Human Rights laws in Canada.
If you require disability related accommodation during the application, recruitment and interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to make all possible adjustments to suit your needs.
Though we are only able to respond to applicants that are being considered for an actively open position, we sincerely thank all applicants who are interested in working with us and are glad to hear from you.